We are recruiting...
Position: Buying Manager
Responsible to: Head of Buying and Merchandising
We are looking for an experienced Buyer to join our friendly team in Dartington. The ideal candidate will have demonstrable experience of product design and development skills in a multi-channel environment. This is a full time, permanent role with your normal working week being 37.5 hours, 9.00am to 5.30pm, Monday to Friday. As part of this role you will be required to travel anywhere in the country with the occasional international job.
Duties and Responsibilites
- Design, specify and develop new products for regular seasonal collection changes.
- Collate and interpret feedback from sales, marketing and customers to inform selection.
- Lead pre-season planning, trend identification, mood boarding and competitive analysis.
- Manage and oversee entire buying process to ensure all deadlines are met.
- Ensure products are fully developed (technical, packaging etc.) in line with critical path.
- Curate selections for trade shows and stores.
- Negotiate pricing for new collection to deliver margin targets.
- Ensure collaborative collections between buyers.
- Manage team budgets (samples and travel).
- Manage sampling process: charges, amendments, reworks etc..
- Work collaboratively with the planning team to deliver efficient stock holding.
- Present and sell new ranges to the rest of the business.
- Upload data for new product into systems.
- Maintain Product Specification data sheets.
- Liaise with the Marketing Department to ensure online product details are correct and accurate.
- Multi-level sales and margin analysis to understand and communicate variances to budget.
- Worldwide travel is an essential requirement for this role, with travel predominately to India and Asia, approximately three times a year.
- 5-10 years’ proven buying experience in a similar industry.
- Multi-Channel experience (B2B and B2C).
- Asia factory sourcing experience.
- Be pro-active and use initiative to solve problems.
- Keen eye for detail.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong commercial awareness.
- Excellent organisation and project management skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines, reacting quickly to changing and sometimes challenging situations.
- Ability to work well with others and on own initiative.
To find out more, or to apply for this role, please email your CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Position: Lifestyle Store Assistant (Part Time)
Responsible to: Store Manager
Responsible for assisting in the day to day operation of the Lifestyle Store in Harbertonford, Totnes. Ensuring sales targets are achieved and exceeded through exceptional levels of customer service. You will be proud to work for Nkuku and confident in describing to customers the origins of our brand and the benefits of our products.
The main place of work will be the Nkuku Lifestyle Store, Harbertonford, Totnes.
Bank holiday and weekend working is required.
Duties and Responsibilites
- To assist the Store Manager and supervisors with the smooth day to day running of the Lifestyle Store adhering to the brand guidelines, store operations manual and the opening and closing checklists.
- Working with other team members whilst taking guidance from your manager regarding the completion of tasks throughout the day such as operating the till and replenishing stock.
- To ensure customers’ needs are met and exceeded at all times, leaving them delighted and excited by our brand so keen to return.
- Actively selling to our customers to ensure store sales targets are achieved.
- Guiding and advising our customers on our products and sharing the brand stories behind them.
- Helping to resolve any customer complaints that may arise in line with the company guidelines and guidance from your manager.
- To ensure the cash handling procedures are followed at all times.
- To ensure all tasks are completed with the safety of team members and customers in mind following the company guidelines.
- Previous experience of working in a retail environment preferred
- Experience in a premium retail environment an advantage
- A love of timeless design and natural materials
- A strong empathy with the Nkuku values and beliefs
The successful candidate with be enthusiastic and energetic with an ability to work as part of a team. They will be passionate and engaging. Able to recognise the beauty of a handmade piece and share their passion with Nkuku’s
customers on a daily basis.
To find out more about the role or apply, please email/send your CV to email@example.com